We no longer need to address the importance of Social Media for businesses. Throughout the last few years’ social media channels have proven their branding value for companies.
Where the number of active members on Twitter is currently declining, Instagram keeps on growing.
Who doesn’t have an Instagram business account yet lags behind, that’s fur sure. Because nowadays it’s very important to make optimal use of Instagram for your company.
Having a personal account but no company profile yet? You can easily switch this. Both Facebook and Twitter have extensive options for branding and advertising. Instagram was still a bit behind, but after Facebook’s acquisition of Instagram, it is rapidly catching up.
Instagram Business account for dummies
No account yet? Then you can start with the following steps:
1. Download the Instagram app in the App store, Google Play Store or Windows Phone Store
2. Register with your email or Facebook account. With email: choose a login and password. For Facebook: login with your account.Done!
1. Tap the “gear” sign in the upper right corner to go to Settings
2. Switch to Business profile
3. Connect your profile to your Facebook account (make sure you’re an admin)
4. Instagram imports the business data from Facebook
5. Complete set-up & Get started with your Instagram for Business profile
Make sure your target group can reach you!
Don’t forget to add the following under edit profile (can be found in the settings section):
By adding a contact button on your page people can easily get in contact with you. This contact button can refer to your email address, phone number or office address.
By activating your company, you also get access to additional statistics. You will also be able to see how many times a post has been viewed, the unique reach and finally the engagement related to the number of likes and comments. To name a few: you’ll be able to see the number of views, unique reach and engagement rate of your posts. But also the demographics of your followers. Note: it might take up to a week before insights are visible.
By regularly looking at the insights you can further optimise your content (posts) and improve the performance of your Instagram Business Account!